Sunday, August 05, 2012

Why "Cool School" ???

In the mind of a 9 year old boy, school isn't always fun.  It's certainly not "cool."  So, how did we come of up with the term "Cool School?"
At dinner one evening in May with some good friends, the conversation turned to education.  Someone mentioned  how a local homeschool co-op group had established a type of "academy" for homeschoolers.  My husband and I were intrigued, and when I got home that evening, I looked it up online.
Tears filled my eyes as I realized this might be a great way for us to transition into homeschooling since our son had been in the local public school system for four years (K-3).
Shortly after our discovery, there was an Open House that was held at C.H.E.S.S. Academy during the last week of May.  We went, and became excited about this possibility for our family.  As we were leaving, I asked my son what he thought about "going to school" here.  Keaton seemed a little confused, as we had not told him where we were going or why.  He asked, "This is a SCHOOL??"  I replied, off the cuff, "Well, yes.....it's kind of like a "Cool School.
He has been excited ever since.
And, so have we.
Starting on August 14, Keaton will attend classes with his tutors on  Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and be home with me on Monday and Friday.  Fun Co-op activities will take place on Tuesday afternoons.
We look forward to sharing about this new adventure!

http://www.chesstifton.gutensite.com/academy/

No comments: