Saturday, September 20, 2008

Camping in the Swamp!

On the weekend of September 11-13, we went camping at Stephen Foster State Park at the Okefenokee Swamp. It is about two hours from our home. The campground was beautiful, and we had it mostly to ourselves that weekend!

We had fun biking, playing on the playground, walking on a nature trail (with LOTS of spider webs!) and taking a boat tour of the Okefenokee Swamp. We saw at least SIX alligators!!!! They weren't too close to our boat, though. I sang one of my favorite songs for everyone on the boat...."Country Man." One of my favorite lines is "I can wrestle hogs and gators with my two bare hands!!!"

Andrey got to roast marshmallows for the first time :) and Daddy told some GREAT ghost stories around the fire that night - there was a full moon, too!

Mama said it was a great birthday weekend for her because she got to spend it with her three favorite guys :)




















































No comments: