Monday, August 22, 2011

Showing my goats!

Wow - I had a great time on Saturday showing my goats! I have three goats that I take care of every day. Sharpei, Tiffany, and Gabby (I named them myself :). Every morning and afternoon I feed them, and I have been working with them to get them ready for our first show! We were in the 2011 Tifton Area Market Lamb and Meat Goat Show on Saturday, August 20. It was held here in Tifton at the Tift County Multipurpose Livestock Building. Clipping, bathing, feeding, getting their health papers, working with them to learn how to walk with me....there's a lot of work that goes into it! But, I'm learning a lot about being responsible! And the hard work paid off! I competed in Showmanship and got a Participation ribbon and money; and also in the Meat Goat Weight classes and earned money for both of my goats earning 5th place in their classes! All together I won three ribbons and $31!! Can't wait until the next show!












No comments: